Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

I’ve been condemned for my unintended action!

 





    I had to remove this post because of harsh status against my page under review section. To be straightforward and very honest, I didn’t recommend or even promote any person but a content that is very relevant to Nepali soil. But the ‘name’ behind the ‘material’ triggered my post. It was late Ravi Zacharias. Well, I am well aware about his scandal. It was an unexpected heart shattering news to the whole world. It was a great embarrassment to Christian apologetics field. I don’t want to go further talking about it. You can watch Mike Winger’s video and several emotional interviews from his victims. A man who didn’t walk the talk! A man who was a predator behind the curtain! A man who stood before the mass and defended our faith but at same time spoiled lives of many women behind the scene in context of his private life. The report showed indeed heart shattering and horror result of his double character! Since this horrible event, many Christian leaders discouraged using his resources: Even if it was best of the bests, like the book, Jesus talks with Krishna.

    I was not recommended for the very reason I was promoting him in my social media platform. To add more, there is no way I can defend myself by using any Biblical characters (e.g. David!) as there are already analytical videos from Christian apologists on this concluding Ravi’s case as very different and even unmatchable with any Biblical characters. I was accused emotionally with women’s case. I have been accused of not considering Ravi’s victims. The allegation put upon me was the offensive nature of the post. To be honest, what this man posted have no issue as he is right in light of that context. However, the question is: Was I promoting Ravi? What I have to do anything with Ravi at all? To be clear, Ravi was never once a motivation or even a turning point in my life in field of Apologetics. To be very frank! His answers were not even mind catching to me! I rarely watched his videos! Meanwhile, he has been a turning point for many Christians who are now engaged in Christian Apologetics! I watched his several videos, but they were too hard even to understand.

    On the other hand, some of his work on comparative religions were profound! I read some of them! Some books like ‘Why Jesus?’ or ‘Jesus among other Gods’ were good analysis works. The only book that satisfied my heart was ‘Jesus talks with Krishna’. Why? Ravi’s works and arguments were solid and profound in this book where he shows why Jesus stands above Krishna and his language could touch heart of Eastern minds. I have also read such books from Ken Samples (God Among Sages) but it was more a Western evaluation. I have also read about Jesus vs Krishna analysis from ‘The Search After Reality’ written by Sadhu Sundar Singh (Not Selvaraj!). That book was also fascinating but very short for a big picture. Another similar analytical book was ‘Gita and Gospel’ by J.N. Farquhar. It has a vast historical analysis on the Gita and Krishna. I usually recommend these books alongside Ravi’s. I recommend ‘books’ or ‘arguments’ or ‘research’ instead ‘authors’! I recommend ‘Jesus talks with Krishna’ for its unique layout. It has been written in a wonderful way! It framed the research and arguments in a way of dialogue that we can relate. Just imagine, how exciting it looks when two outstanding figures from two worlds happen to meet and talk? Just a simple example! Why were DC fans so excited to watch post-credit scene in the movie Black Adam? Because of Superman! All DC fans were eager to see what would happen when these two DC giants meet face to face! Sadly, the movie wouldn’t come to our door… Now, back to our topic! The same expectation and excitement arises in us the way it raised among DC fans! (I am a DC fan). Although an imaginary dialogue, but late Ravi made two figures meet at same stage! Jesus meets Krishna! Jesus, the one who claimed to be God and the only Savior! Krishna, the one who counseled and directs Bhaktas to the way of Moksha! What would happen when they both meet and talk? This was a sole context of the book! The book is also written beautifully as if they really met! Even a chatGPT cannot produce such profound conversation! This book lets us rethink on whom to choose to follow for an ultimate Moksha. This book shows what Jesus has to offer us! This book shows how Jesus likely would talk with Krishna about faith, life, salvation and death issues that bothers humanity! This book provides a practical approach on how we can reach to Hindu sects who focuses on Krishna or any groups who endorse the Bhagavad Gita! That was all about my motive and goal!

    Just read my screen shot of my removed post! I knew the issue would raise about Ravi! I am well aware about his victims! I know women’s value, right? The recent news of India has been so much miserable on such rape issues. And Ravi, a great apologist, got the notorious tag: A Sexual predator. But I directed everyone to a video from Michael Jones’ Inspiring Philosophy. His analysis was on the point! He talked about Samson and then gave his profound analysis on Ravi! To be clear: Ravi was never a hero. If any Christians leaves his faith because of Ravi, their faith was never in Christ! Take your time! Watch that video. My post was never on women’s sexual exploitation, my post was never on Ravi, my post was never a pinch towards the victims! The context of my post was my soil: Nepal. Hard-core Christian Critics like Abhishek Joshi have been bothering us intellectually. He has been bringing issues that Krishna is Father of Jesus or Christians should recognize Krishna is the ultimate Parama tatwa who is greater than Jesus! This is indeed a blasphemy! And, one of the books that has a good response to this kind of misleading arguments is: Jesus talks with Krishna. In recent years, the issue of Jesus and Krishna is raising. You know what? This issue once shattered me in my faith journey! It almost snatched away my faith on Jesus! It was in my Higher Secondary Education at that time studying as a Science student! Hence, I can know and feel the pain of fresh believers! And for this reason, I wanted to help every Christians being sincere!

    That’s all! But, if I did disrespect to victims, what can I say? Fine! I removed the post! I am sorry that I was willing to help fellow believers! I am sorry I was eagerly active in Apologetics and using a predator’s book, promoting a predator! Thanks! I am not a good vessel and should not be recommended!

 ***


Post a Comment

0 Comments