Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Beware of spiritual manipulation!

 



    Just got an unexpected time to recall my memory from Jan 12, 2023 when an unknown person in instagram approached me with a name of reputed person (Sean McDowell, a well renown Christian Apologist). It was an astonishing but horrible experience to me. At first I was amazed to read the message. But as I went through the conversation, I began feeling something not right. It was a spiritual misuse of manipulation.

    As you read through whole conversation, you would definitely find something isn't right. As a Charismatic Pentecostal Christian, I am well aware of supernatural equips such as prophecy, visions, words of encouragement and comfort that Lord may provide us through peoples. The prayer and fasting are however common practices of our christian life. What this man told me was nothing supernatural as it is common with any christians in this world. His words and declaration seemed nothing different from those of prosperity preachers and word of faith proponents. All temporary fulfilments in Jesus' name!

    The striking fact was his condition! And that was too dramatic and unnecessary!! according to him, Lord requires me to fulfil certain condition to get out of my bondage? So what about Jesus? What about Holy Spirit?? That demand was nothing more than a demand from Eastern spiritual priests! The only plausible condition today we got is nothing more than Bible reading, prayer and fellowship! I recognized the horrible manipulation from this fake ID.

    I don't remember how the chat ended but I am sure I refrained from talking with this guy. But one thing pinched me hard, never let anyone manipulate us taking our weak points and deceive us! The problem with Charismatic christians is that they get into it so quickly! I am not saying Charismatics is a weak line but we must be cautious and well equipped with God's Word and God's spirit!! Relying on supernatural circumstances can lead us to worst outcome if we do not test the spirits.

    The reason today Charismatic preachers spoil our environment is nothing but our own weakness and childish ways of approaching the situation! We assume we are receiving something good in Jesus' name while we are indeed being deceived! This was exactly how the Satan tempted Eve to gateway of the Fall! Yes, we can believe in healing, in prophecy, in visions, in words of encouragement but with a cautious mindset of testing everything through the scripture and Christ-centeredness.

    It is therefore essential to be a cautious Charismatic believer and go hand-in-hand with the scripture and spirit of God so that we can be safe from these sort of deception and spiritual manipulation!


***

If you love Christian memes, please follow the page Sacred Satire Memes. We bring memes in both English and Nepali languages in various Theological topics.

Other pages:


Also by profession, 
we are civil engineer.
For civil engineering works associated with buildings, you can contact us at 
equipengineering527@gmail.com
(only for Nepal)
or
using
Our Facebook page: 

 


Post a Comment

0 Comments